Monday 23 August 2010

What a fantastic summer...


...we’ve had so far and I hope this finds you well. A couple of years ago, a coaching friend invited me to consider what I wanted more of in my work and, slightly tongue in cheek, I answered that I’d love to work in amazing places – in the mountains, by the sea or outdoor spaces with great views. That’s happening more and more for me. So I feel exceptionally blessed to have come back from two weeks in Italy where part of that trip was co-leading a group retreat in the mountains of Abruzzo, part was working on my next book, and part was pure holiday. Lakes, mountains, great people and blue skies proved a compelling combination which I can recommend wholeheartedly.

Just now, I’m enjoying early morning views of the garden as I write my fifth book, ‘Coaching with NLP for Dummies’ to be published next year. Researching and writing it has brought extra benefits that I’m able to pay forward to others. I’ve found new strategies to keep focused avoiding my natural procrastination and also re-discovered coaching tools and concepts I’d forgotten all about, which re-new my work with clients.

I hope that you’ll give yourself quality time out over the summer to consider if there’s something more you’d like in your life. Do let me know if I can support you on that quest.

All good wishes

Kate Burton

No comments: