Friday 24 April 2009

A poem for claiming your space

Turquoise Moments - a poem

It doesn’t excite me that you have a ‘to do’ list written late last night, that you’re working through dutifully until you can live your life. I want to see you wake up free to face each day, as master of your time.

I don’t want to feel you pushed and pummelled low, made small by others’ power. I want to hear you claim your rightful space and energy allowing it flow free, leaving your own footprints in the wet sand.

It doesn’t interest me when you hold back from resentment, anger or obligation. I want to know that you honestly accept each challenge face on, and ride the downhill bumps with exhilaration in your hair and shouting ‘Yes!’.

I don’t want to find you shattered into pieces, like feathers on the wind, with body and mind out of synch. I need to you to be wholehearted, fresh and healthy. Truly alive in the moment.

It saddens me when you are buffeted relentlessly by every storm. I want you to know you can find a safe haven that you can return to within yourself, time after time, and create the anchor of your being.

I want to know if you can live your life, stand on the edge and fly, not hang around in the shadows. There’s just one of you.

The turquoise moments beckon from the mountain tops. They call you from the depths of the ocean.

Copyright Kate Burton April 2009

2 comments:

Kat W said...

Beautiful! Kat :-)

Printemps said...

'The turquoise moments beckon from the mountain tops. They call you from the depths of the ocean' evokes imagery!

I am new to your blog and recommended by Fiona and I will be following your blog...