Thursday 27 August 2009

Bid for freedom

Over the last couple of weeks I've been interviewing dozens of people for the new book: 'Live Life. Love Work.' All,,without exception, have stated the need for space in their lives. However content and motivated with work, they still need gaps to refresh and re-generate in whatever form that takes.

Underneath the most succesful career, there's still a human being that craves personal freedom. Without that space to breathe, I believe that our lives are not sustainable.

2 comments:

Regina said...

Oh, I agree, Kate!
I'm sorry I've not been by for a visit lately. I've been trying to re-generate, as you say, after a huge move of house and home- and I think I'm finally getting there. Now I can actually write about the move in a more positive light- so that's good!
And yes, space to breathe- I think we have that now...
:)

Unknown said...

Interestingly this confirms to me that we are not defined by external sources but by what is within. No matter what, to connect with who you truly are is about taking time out of the day to day. Very often we get tied up with the material elements of our lives when the factors that truly make us who we are often have a more intangible quality. Thanks Kate for reminding me of this.